Paragon Vs. Esteban

on Thursday, October 8, 2009

Topic: Little brother in a traffic jam


The Overlooked Synonym

I dry spell with chaffing syllables
Coughing words
With congested sentences
I stifle blocks of writers
Concepts constrict then break off like tangents or bias
Watching me are you?

I start my day with powdered milk, cinnamon
And packed with traffic jam on my toast
I choke in prose
With a wedged burnt page
Carbon copies blackened with soot like plaque
Buildup like the bodies in Plaquemines parish
I’m prying not to perish
I’m trying not to cherish
This moment like a poem more than a book
The bullet more than the ballot
The tryhme ver sus the rhyme
Ver er, us? Compare us on?
Comparison? Hold up like stymie
Pardon the parting, the interruption but

You aint been blue till you been indigo
Asphyxiate
I’m your object of obstruction
Your pause (no homo)
Prevention is the best key
With locked knuckles on the atom’s apple
Split into spit and gargled words
You have me cornered in a straight shot sentence
My insides crowded with pistol positions
Silencers like
. . . …. … . . . .. … . . .
Pivot like
,
!
You say?
Y watch X change, you controller,
When you can experience the experiment
Yourself

Who’s necks?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool piece! Love the first line, dry spell and chaffing syllables. The wordplay, incredibly striking..and the meta poem aspect. It's original and I appreciate you posting it. if I'm reading it right, I like the idea of big brother turned on its head. The little brother gremlins...it's kinda wild.. thanks!